The Miracle of Apple Cider Vinegar – Acne, Breakouts and More!
Skin problems can occur at any time of our lives, and even though we think of acne as a teenage issue, anyone can develop the symptoms. Acne, blackheads, breakouts – all can be painful, make us self-conscious, and, in severe cases, lead to permanent scarring.
They can be caused by a number of things, however, hormones and diet can play a significant role in the development of skin issues. If you are concerned, we would always recommend you see a medical practitioner, but there are several things that you can try at home to ease the symptoms or even cure completely.
The regular use of high-quality face washes can make a real difference, but another effective method is to use apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is nature’s miracle. Made from fermented apple juice, not only is it great in salad dressings and chutneys, but, taken internally, it can lower blood sugar levels, ease indigestion, and help with weight loss. Externally, it’s awesome with stings and bites and can really make a difference when it comes to spots and blemishes.
Using apple cider vinegar to treat a variety of skin problems
1. Acne and Pimples
If you suffer from acne and pimples, the antibacterial and antifungal properties in apple cider vinegar will cut through any bacteria or germs, and remove any excess oil that your skin produces.
- Mix some apple cider vinegar with lukewarm water in a bowl
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and gently wipe over the affected areas
- Leave for around 10 minutes and then wash it off using warm water
- Pat your skin dry. Rubbing can irritate sensitive skin
- Repeat this several times a day if possible
2. Healing Sunburn
Apple cider vinegar is also proven to soothe and heal sunburn.
- Mix half a cup apple cider vinegar and 4 cups of water.
- Soak a clean cloth with the solution and apply to sunburned skin.
- Very gently massage it the sore, sunburned skin with the cloth
- Repeat this a couple of times a day, and you’ll start seeing an improvement
3. Soothe and Exfoliate Skin
For soothing and exfoliating dull, dry skin, apple cider vinegar is excellent.
- Pour some apple cider vinegar in a bowl of warm water
- Soak a clean, microfiber cloth in the solution
- Lay this on your skin and relax for 15 – 20 minutes
- Gently rinse the solution off your skin
- Pat dry with a warm, soft towel
4. Skin Toner
Apple cider vinegar possesses astringent properties, which opens and cleanses the skin’s pores, leaving you with a fresh, clear complexion.
- In a bowl, mix apple cider vinegar with warm water.
- If you wish, add a few drops of essential oil – chamomile, lavender, tea tree, or calendula are all good for cleansing and tightening the skin
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution
- Gently wipe over the affected area, avoiding eyes and mouth
- After a few minutes, gently rinse it off with warm water
- Pat dry and apply a moisturizer
There is no end to the wonderful things that apple cider vinegar can do, and it’s well worth keeping a bottle or three on hand, for easing skin problems, soothing insect bites, or if you fancy a delicious salad dressing!
Watch this video for more amazing things that apple cider vinegar can help with: